Why renewing is better than buying new
You may have seen new Takeaway Website packages advertised with other retailers for less than the cost of Mr Site’s annual renewals. This is generally because the retailer in question is running a promotion or sale and is selling the package for less than it's true market value.
You may be tempted to purchase a new package, instead of renewing your current one – however before you do so, please be aware of the following:
• You will be unable to transfer over any of your existing website content to your new site
• You will need to build another site with your new package
• You will lose any emails you have sent or received with your existing package
If you still decide to buy a new package and want to keep your original domain name, then you need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know the following information:
• Your domain name
• Your intention to purchase a new package
• Quote the following security questions in the email:
o Post code
o Your secret question and answer (for example, ‘What is the name of your first pet?’ ‘Rover’)
When we have confirmed these details, we will remove your account from our database. When you activate your new package, you will be able to do so using your original domain name.
Remember – if you buy a new package instead of renewing, you will lose all your content and have to re-build your website from scratch.