Taking Payments with PayPal Standard on Storefront
If you want to use PayPal Standard to accept payments on Storefront, first of all you need to have a merchant account with them. If you don't have one already, please go here to apply.
Once you have a merchant account, you will need to log into your PayPal account and follow these steps:
1. Hover over 'Profile' and select 'My selling preferences' from the drop-down menu. 2. Click on the 'Update' button next to 'Website preferences'.
3. Turn 'Auto return' on and enter your URL in the 'Return URL' text box. The URL should be http://yourdomainname.com/PaypalPDTHandler.aspx.
4. Set "Payment Data Transfer' to 'On'. Click 'Save' when you've filled in these details
5. Click again on 'Website preferences' and scroll down to 'Payment Data Transfer' - there you will see that you've now been given an Identity Token. Note it down as you'll need it a bit later.
6. Go back to 'My profile' and click on 'Instant payment notifications'.
7. Click 'Update' beside 'Instant payment notifications'
8. In the Notification URL field,enter 'http://www.yourdomainname.com/paypalipnhandler.aspx'.
9. Select 'Receive IPN messages (Enabled)''. Click save to save these settings.
You're now almost ready to go! Log into your Storefront account and click 'Settings'. Select 'Payment methods' and click 'Add new'. Select 'PayPal Standard' and click 'Save details'.
Click 'Edit' beside PayPal Standard and go to 'Settings' on the left-hand side.
'Business email'- enter the email address you used to set up your PayPal account.
PTI token - enter the token you generated earlier (see step 5)
Additional fee - if you want to charge customers an additional fee when they pay with PayPal, you can set this here.
Use Sandbox - this is for Storefront owners who want to test the payment process before selling live to customers, so if you want to start taking payments immediately. If you want to test your payment process, you can do this by keeping 'Use Sandbox' ticked. You will need to set up a Sandbox account with PayPal - go here