Organise your Takeaway Website into different pages
Using different pages:
If you’re planning on selling lots of different products through an online shop, you could split your products into categories and display them on different pages. This will make it simpler for your customers to find exactly what they want.
You can easily do this using the following steps:
1) Go to 'Extras' from the Main Options page, followed by 'Add features', then 'Add/edit a shop'
2) On the next page, type your PayPal email address in the first box
3) Using the drop down list, select the number of unique items you want to add to your first shop page
4) Select a page from the next drop down list – this will represent your first shopping page
5) Choose the currency you would like to use for your online shop and click the ‘Next’ button
5) In the next page, complete the details for your products and click ‘Save’ when you’re finished
6) Follow steps 1 to 5 for any additional shop pages
7) Now, go to ‘Change content’ from the Main Options and select the your shop page
8) Rename the page in the box 'Type the title of your web page in this box'. For example, this could be 'Shop page 1 of 4'
9) Repeat steps 7 to 9 for every shop page
Remember, the above steps will create different shop pages which also means that they will display as separate links on your menu navigation bar.
You can take things a step further and also create sub-pages in your shop. For example, if you have a shop page selling ‘Clothes’, you could create sub-categories for ‘Dresses’, ‘Tops’ and ‘Trousers’.
To do this:
1) Create a page using the 'How many pages' option – select 'Add 1' and save changes. This page will act as a ‘parent page’ for your category
2) To attach tsub-pages go to 'Extras' from the Main Options, followed by 'Add features', then 'Submenu'
3) From the first drop down list, select the shop page you’d like to make a sub-page, e.g. 'Shop page 1 of 4'
4) Now, select the ‘parent page’ you’ve just created from the second drop down list (this is normally named 'Shop page' by default) and click the ‘Save’ button
5) Repeat steps 1-4 for all any other sub-pages you’d like to create
The next step is to use your main page to encourage your customers to explore the shop and highlight the different products you have. Read this to find out how.