Offering shipping by country and order weight
This option is only available to Pro or Seller users.
This shipping cost lets you calculate the cost of delivery based on both the country the order is going to and the total weight of the order.
Click ‘Edit’ next to ‘Shipping by country and order weight’ and then in the ‘Add a shipping by country and order weight cost’ section, fill in the following details:
Select country: From the drop-down list, select the country you would like to apply this cost to.
When you're happy, click 'Save settings'.
- Select shipping method: From the drop-down list select the shipping method you would like to apply this cost to. Order weight from: Specify the weight range that orders from this country must fall into for this shipping cost to be applied. Enter the start of the weight range, for example 1kgs.
- Order weight to: Here enter the maximum weight an order from this country must be to have this shipping weight applied. So, if you enter ’10 kg’ here, all orders from this country between 1 kg and 10 kg will have this shipping cost applied to them.
- Use percentage: If you want the charge for shipping to be worked out as a percentage of the total cost of the order, then tick this box.
- Charge percentage: If you’ve ticked the box above, then here enter the percentage of the order cost you would like to charge. For example, if the order costs £5 and you enter 10% here, then the customer will be charged 50p for delivery.
- Charge amount by weight: Rather than charge a percentage for your shipping cost, you can alternatively set the shipping cost to charge a set amount per unit of measurement; for example, £1 per kg, so if the order weighs 2 kg the customer will be charged £2.
- Charge amount: If you’ve ticked the box above, here enter what you would like to charge. Click on ‘Add new cost’ and it will appear in your ‘Shipping by country and order weight’ list.
- Active: Tick this box to set this method live on your site
- Display order: Enter a number here to represent the order in which your shipping by order weight options should appear on the checkout page.
When you’ve completed the above click ‘Save settings’. Now scroll down to complete the ‘Shipping by country and order settings weight’ section.
- Published: Tick here to set this shipping cost live on your site.
- Display order: Enter a number here to reflect how high you want this cost option to appear on your checkout page.